Shastar Collection

THE BATTLE STANDARD OF THE KHALSA
In the Battle of Chamkaur (December 6th, 1705), the Ashtbhujha Dhujha had fallen.  Shortly after, a Jatha of Singhs went back to Chamkaur Sahib and found the Ashtbhujha on the battlefield.
The name of the Singh who found the Ashtbhujha was Akalkalah Singh.
The Ashtbhujha was taken to Gurdwara Fatehgarh Sahib, where it was kept with respect, until a Jatha of 30 Singhs left for Sachkhand Sri Hazoor Sahib. Akalkalah Singh brought Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj’s Gajga to Sachkhand Sri Hazoor Sahib and carried the Ashtbhujha Dhujha just how a Nishan Sahib is carried.
With this act of great respect and honour, Akalkalah Singh earned the name “Gajga Singh”. Since then, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj’s Gajga which is also known as the Ashtbhujha, is being kept at Sachkhand Sri Hazoor Sahib Ji.